Open positions are listed below. However, if you are committed to serving small businesses, share our vision and are interested in future positions, please send your resume to:
5970 Fairview Road, Suite 218
Charlotte, NC 28210
No phone calls, please.
Current Job Openings:
Location: 5970 Fairview Rd., Ste. 218, Charlotte, NC 28210
Reports to: Executive Director
General Description: BDO oversees development, marketing, processing, and underwriting, of new SBA 504 loans and other commercial loan program (s) business within the region, state, and CDC area of operations.
Markets company services to lenders, economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, business services providers, trade associations, and small businesses clients in conjunction overall BEFCOR marketing strategies and plans.
Essential Functions: Develops and executes strategies to promote services, including:
- Implements business outreach program, collaborating with team
- Formulates and implements a business development program designed to promote services to Clients including direct call, direct mail, newsletters, and educational seminars as needed by the Team.
- Maintains existing client relations
- Assists in formulating and implementing strategic planning objectives to maintain and expand markets
- Responsible for initial loan pre-qualification determination with prospects and lender sources
- Interviews borrowers with specific eligibility screening including inquiry into personal history/credit issues and citizenship
- Reviews process of loan approval, funding and service requirements , including loan terms and conditions with borrowers and lenders
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries and referrals from bankers and borrowers, as needed
- Assists and conducts property/site visits as needed
- Attends industry and chamber of commerce meetings and trade events to showcase company
- Conducts lender, economic development organization, and service provider training programs
- Submits weekly call and activity reports to Executive Director
- Other duties may be assigned, including assisting in field visits, credit workouts, underwriting and loan processing, as workload demands
- Assists in other company activities as required, including servicing (field visits/loan workouts/liquidation), processing and technical assistance
- Submits regular activity reports to Executive Director as directed
- Other duties may be assigned, including assisting with field visits, credit workouts, underwriting and loan processing, as workload demands
- Assists in maintaining loan closing history/tickler file and follow up as appropriate, ensuring all required filings and documents are current
- Maintains electronic and physical filing systems for loan files in accordance with standard operating procedure (SOP) requirements
- Continually maintains working knowledge of all company products and services
- Is responsible for accurate and thorough analysis of business financial statements, and is expected to site potential problems based on key financial ratios used in certifying No Adverse Change to SBA.
- Other duties as assigned
Work Location: 5970 Fairview Rd., Ste 218, Charlotte, NC 28210
Reports to: Executive Director
General Description: Team member must be must be energetic, detail-oriented, organized, thorough, and work with complete confidentiality. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include loan servicing activities that preserve and maintain the integrity of our outstanding loan portfolio. Some travel may be required.
Customer Focus: Shows concern for meeting customer needs and expectations; quickly and effectively solves problems
Excellent Communication Skills: Communicates verbally and in written form with professionalism and clarity
Thorough: Consistently ensures work is complete and accurate. Uses systems and processes to track information and work progress
Integrity: Performs responsibly, reliability, ethically, and in a trustworthy manner
Collaboration: Reaches out to and cooperates with teammates and clients to establish collaborative working relationships, pursuing BEFCOR’s mission.
Fluidity and Flexibility: Open to opportunities to improve methods, willing to change. Able to see and respect the merits of others’ perspectives.
Job Intelligence: Leans quickly, demonstrates ability to proficiently understand and absorb new information.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and also collaborates with Loan Servicing Officer.
Essential Functions: Servicing tasks, working with Loan Servicing Officer, include:
- Assist with monitoring the portfolio to include obtaining proof of insurance, property tax payments, and annual financial data
- Meet with lenders and borrowers to obtain information for loan servicing requests to answer questions about the process and/or resolves ambiguities
- To support the lending function, obtain and assemble loan servicing requests to include credit histories, appropriate financial statements and other information needed to evaluate and process loan servicing requests for a SBA 504 loans and other loan programs administered by BEFCOR
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of reports, if needed
- After closing, create ticklers for on-going file maintenance
- Follow up on insurance cancellations
- Obtain two-year job numbers from borrowers
- Prepare and process UCC continuations and terminations
- Prepare staff and Board reports
- Distribute borrower annual letters for tax returns, and scan
- Respond to day-to-day servicing emails and calls